Tuesday, January 11, 2022

Science and Religion

As a young man about to go off to college, I felt the tug to do one of two things with my life- become a priest in God's Church or explore the world of science.  Amazingly, God opened doors in my life that allowed me to do both.  I spent 31years enjoying science, math as the language of science, and a career in electrical engineering (the application of science).  

Retiring from that career, I am now a priest who is further exploring God's creation and my relationship with our Creator.  Hopefully, as a priest and pastor, I am helping others do the same.

I never have considered faith and science as mutually exclusive or involving incompatible worldviews.   My Trinitarian Christian Faith has revealed to me the "why" of my existence, and science continues to open ever-widening vistas as to the "how" I have come to be part of this amazing world in which we live.  It has been an incredible ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment