Christ calls us to the development of godly character (ie. Galatians 5:22). Although this is clearly the work of God’s Holy Spirit in our lives, here are some ways to pull down the obstacles we put up to our spiritual growth and transformation:
· Be intentional about investing in one’s own spiritual development.
· Be committed to handing total control of one’s life over to God.
· Expect submission to God to involve sacrifice.
· Realize that selflessness is victory rather than loss.
· Know that spiritual maturity requires a vital connection to a faith community.
· Seek knowledge of God as a crucial step in the growth process.
(Partial Source: The Barna Group)