Dear Heavenly Father, Creator of all things, and Sustainer of all that is good, wholesome and right, we approach your Throne of Grace on behalf of our nation.
- We confess our own personal sin and culpability in what is taking place in our nation.
- We repent and seek forgiveness on behalf of ourselves and our nation for the ways we have drifted away from the Godly foundations upon which this great country was built. We pray you strengthen your hand of grace upon us as we place our eyes back upon you.
- We pray you continue to raise up Godly leaders from among us, and that you give them the mind of Christ and a character pleasing to You. We pray for our leaders present here today, and all our leaders everywhere.
- We pray against the divisions that rack our nation, and ask you to restore the peace and unity that this country has known so well.
- Finally, Lord, we pray for true pluralism in which religious freedom can be found for all, and we pray that we Christians faithfully stand as a counter-voice to the secularism and paganism that opposes that freedom.
But in the midst of it all, Lord God, we cannot help but give thanks to You for being our God and calling us to be Your people. We thank You for our creation, preservation, and all the blessings of this life; but above all for your immeasurable love shown us in our redemption through our Lord Jesus Christ. And, we pray, give us such an awareness of all your mercies, that with truly thankful hearts we may show forth your praise, not only with our lips, but in our lives, by giving up ourselves to your service, and by walking before you in holiness and righteousness all the days of our life; through Jesus Christ our Lord, to whom, with You and the Holy Spirit, be honor and glory throughout all ages. Amen.