Friday, September 25, 2015

Telling Your Story

God tells us that we have a story He wants us to tell …
“You are the ones chosen by God, God’s instruments to do His work and to speak out
for Him to tell others of the night and day difference He made in you”  (1 Peter 2:9).

“Everyday tell how He saves us.  Tell the nations of His glory. 
Tell all peoples of the miracles He does.”  (Psalm 96)

The Bible is full of examples of people sharing their story…
King David
“Come and listen and I’ll tell you what God’s done for me.”
The Woman at the Well
“Many of the Samaritans of the town believed in Him because of the woman’s testimony.”
The Man Who Was Born Blind
 “I don’t know whether He’s good or bad but I know this:I was blind but now I see.”
St. John the Evangelist (John 3:11)
“Listen carefully, I am speaking sober truth to you
and I speak only what I know by experience.

The great thing about telling your story is that it is Your Story!   No one can challenge your experience of God.  You don’t have to have it all figured out.  You don’t have to have all the theology down pat.  You don't have to be a Bible scholar.  Your story is simply… your story!  “All I know is Jesus Christ changed my life.”  That is a testimony.  You can, of course, go on from there to tell exactly what that difference is- how you were blessed by God- how God brought new direction, hope and purpose to your life, etc. 

A personal testimony is a powerful form of communication.  Madison Avenue uses personal testimonies with huge effectiveness.  You can too.  What is your story?  Spend some time crafting your testimony and share it.  You never know when someone’s salvation may depend on it.
Father Rob

No comments:

Post a Comment